Dear Mrs. Mazzei's students,
You are the Leader of your learning. The 7 Habits of Effective People are important in your role as a leader in your learning. What are these habits?
1. Be Proactive
I am a responsible person
2. Begin with the End in Mind
I plan ahead, set goals
3. Put First Things First
I spend my time on the things that are most important
4. Think Win-Win
I balance courage for getting what I want with consideration for what others want.
5. Seek First to Understand, Then to be Understood
I listen to other people's ideas and feelings. I try to see other's point of view.
Listen without interrupting.
I value other people's strengths and learn from them, even those who are different
than me. I work well ingroups.
7. Sharpen the Saw
I take care of my body by eating right, exercising, and getting enough sleep.
I learn in lots of ways and lots of places, not just at school.
I find meaningful ways to help others.
Mrs. Mazzei Expectations for her Students:
- I expect you to be at school as much as possible. Attendance can make or break your grades.
- I expect you to be ready to learn everyday! It's easy in those first few weeks of school...everything is new and exciting. The real trick is to keep the excitement going after the thrill of the newness has gone away. It won't be easy; even teachers are prone to slide every now and then, but it will be worth the effort you put into making every day your best. I expect nothing less than your best!lass, I expect you to be cooperative, attentive and friendly to all. We certainly can't be learning anything worthwhile if problems develop!
- I expect you to ask for help when you need it. You know best if you are unsure about something. I'll be thrilled to do a "morning math" or a "working lunch" with anyone who needs a few minutes of individual time. After school time is also available!
What can you expect from me?
- For starters, you can expect me to care about you. I do! I love teaching. This is where I want to be, and I wouldn't trade it for anything.
- You can expect me to be keep a stimulating and organized classroom. I believe we work best if the environment is comfortable and pleasant.
- You can expect me to be clear about the requirements for each subject, project, and assignment. No one in my class should be caught saying, "I don't understand what I need to do!" If, by chance you really don't get it, remember, ask!
- You can expect to know what your grades are at all times. We will correct assignments daily. No surprises.
- You can expect me to communicate with your parents. I will let them know how you are doing both in your academics and with your social interactions.
- You can expect to walk away from this class at the end of the year with a better understanding of the course material and a good feeling about yourself for a job well done!
Together, along with your parents, I hope that we can make this a successful 2016 - 2017 school year for you!
Your dedicated teacher, Mrs. Mazzei